
So what's different? How did Rowan change as a result of this trip? I guess a more relevant question is, how did Rowan do travelling from place to place for 6 weeks? In a word, great. He was very well-behaved, and even enjoyed the idea of going to a new place (he would always get excited about getting into the car and driving off somewhere). He learned how to chase birds, how to entertain himself without too many books or toys around, and how to sit at the table properly while eating. I think his memory got better, too. I would read stories to him that I've had to memorize, since we didn't have the original books with us, and I'd tell him to "press play" and touch my head, after which I'd recite the books verbatim. He got so used to hearing the books a certain way that I'm convinced that he's memorized them, too, providing occasional corrections when my recitation went astray. And of course, like all travellers through Europe and the UK who come home after a month and a half, his hair grew very long.
No comments:
Post a Comment