...that's how long it took for Rowan to finally poop. Being silly, first-time parents, we took him to the doctor after he didn't poop for 48 hours. The doctor, a terrific man who likes to avoid interventions whenever possible, told us not to worry and to call him back in a week if he still wasn't pooping. At 6:00AM on the day of our official wedding anniversary, Rowan unleashed a series of slow but deliberate bowel movements just before we were going to put on a new diaper. We could not have been luckier or more proud. The picture here shows Rowan's poopy face, a demeanor he assumes just before lift-off, as it were, with uncanny precision. Notice the pursed lips, the concentrated, slightly crossed eyes, and the tucked in chin, all of which come together to say, "I have to poopy soooo baaaaad!"
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
84 hours...
...that's how long it took for Rowan to finally poop. Being silly, first-time parents, we took him to the doctor after he didn't poop for 48 hours. The doctor, a terrific man who likes to avoid interventions whenever possible, told us not to worry and to call him back in a week if he still wasn't pooping. At 6:00AM on the day of our official wedding anniversary, Rowan unleashed a series of slow but deliberate bowel movements just before we were going to put on a new diaper. We could not have been luckier or more proud. The picture here shows Rowan's poopy face, a demeanor he assumes just before lift-off, as it were, with uncanny precision. Notice the pursed lips, the concentrated, slightly crossed eyes, and the tucked in chin, all of which come together to say, "I have to poopy soooo baaaaad!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I swear I've seen that look on Great Uncle Albert's face too...alas now I know what it means!
Leo
Post a Comment